This is one of my favorite staple IBS Diet plan recipes to make during the work week. The ground turkey is packed with flavor and is quick and easy to make. If you do prefer a stronger flavor you can add chili powder & more cumin to them as well. Plus you can jazz it up by making this impressive (but super easy) avocado cream dressing to go along with it.
Did you know the main ingredient in a majority of these “ready-made” taco packets is Maltodextrin. If it doesn’t sound like a real food to you, it’s because it’s not. It’s an artificially produced white powder that is used as a thickener, filler or preservative. #I’llpass
The biggest issues with consuming maltodextrin are:
- Spikes in Blood Sugar
- Suppresses Growth of Probiotics
- Made from GMO Corn
- Allergic Reaction or Side Effects to the Stomach and Skin
- No nutritional value
After learning how unhealthy the “ready-made” taco packets were I started to make my own mix which really takes no time at all. I’d love to hear your thoughts if you’re doing this too!Print
Turkey tacos are a staple recipe in our house!
- 1 lb Ground Turkey
- 1 Tablespoon Green Onions, chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1.5 Teaspoons Tajin Mexican Seasoning (can find in the Mexican aisle of grocery store)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a large nonstick skillet on medium heat, spray nonstick spray and warm for about a minute. Add ground turkey and let brown for a few minutes without touching. Add the green onions and seasoning and continue to break apart the meat.
- Cook until meat is browned and cooked through for about 15-20 minutes.
Keywords: fodmap taco recipe, fodmap tacos, turkey taco recipe