Pasta is a great addition to any dinner FODMAP meal plan as it cooks quickly and is so satisfying. I’ve had a few people ask me how to make perfect gluten free pasta as they’ve had trouble in the past with the consistency when cooking. Unfortunately, the gluten-free variety can be a lot more temperamental than traditional so you really have to watch it closely. It can quickly go from al dente to a mush like texture which can ruin any good meal.
Below you will find my tried and true ways of making the most perfect gluten-free pasta but if you have something that works better for you please share! My favorite brands are Trader Joes Brown Rice Pasta and Jovial Brand.
- Fill a large pot with 3/4 full of water and boil on high until a rapid boil begins.
- Generously salt the water and add pasta making sure to incorporate fully into the water.
- Follow directions from the package but check at least 3 minutes early. You want the pasta to be more on the al dente side.
- Stir every few minutes to ensure it does not stick to the bottom.
- Drain pasta and reserve at least 1/2 cup pasta water to use for pasta sauce. Do NOT submerge in cold water. Serve immediately!
You can test out your new found pasta skills with the following recipes:
Enjoy your big bowl of pasta!Print
Keywords: gluten-free pasta, gluten-free pasta recipe, fodmap safe pasta recipe