I have a major sweet tooth if you haven’t noticed by my abundance of desserts FODMAP diet. My all-time favorite desserts are quality chocolate chip cookies. I will go out of my way if I have a cookie craving to sink my teeth into one. My major concern ongoing on the FODMAP diet was not being able to find a killer chocolate chip cookie but thankfully I found this recipe from Against the Grain.
I think the best compliment you can give to someone is to ask if a gluten-free treat is really gluten-free. I get this response over and over again when I make this recipe. I should really keep these ready to go in the freezer but I’m afraid I won’t have the self-control to not eat them all the time! I really would turn into the cookie monster!
A few weeks after moving into our home, I decided I wanted to make a homemade treat for our new neighbors. I packaged them in a box with ribbon and put them in front of the neighbor’s doors. I was happy to see and hear that everyone loved them (and couldn’t tell they were gluten-free)!Print
This classic chocolate chip cookie is my absolute favorite!
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/3 Cup Brown Rice Flour
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cornstarch
- 1 Teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 12 Ounce Package of Semi-Sweet or Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a stand mixer on medium speed cream the butter and sugar for one minute. Add the eggs and vanilla and combine.
- In a separate medium sized bowl combine the dry ingredients: flour, cornstarch, xanthan gum, cinnamon baking soda & salt.
- On low speed, slowly mix in the flour into the wet ingredients. Fold in the chocolate chip cookies until combined.
- On a parchment-lined baking sheet, place a rounded teaspoon of dough leaving a few inches of space in between each cookie.
- Bake for 6 minutes, rotate and bake for an additional 6 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
Keywords: fodmap cookie recipe, gluten-free chocolate chip cookie recipe, fodmap dessert recipe