Let’s be honest, is there anything better than warm bread straight out of the oven?! I don’t think so! It can take some creativity to make a FODMAP diet bread but once you get it down (like this recipe), it’s really not that hard. What I love about using pumpkin is the added moisture it gives to the bread without having to add a ton of sugar. It is important to make sure when you buy canned pumpkin, it is purely just pumpkin. This might sound obvious but some brands have other fillers in them. According to the Monash University application, a green light serving size of pumpkin is 1/3 cup.
Not only is pumpkin delicious and extremely versatile but it also has a ton of health benefits. Because there are so many great nutrients, you can feel even less guilty eating this FODMAP diet bread for breakfast…or at least that’s what I tell myself! Ha!
Some of my favorite health benefits from pumpkin:
- Packed with vitamins and minerals
- Low in calories & weight-loss friendly
- High in antioxidants
- Promotes healthy skin
- 1 1/2 cup gluten-free flour (FODMAP safe)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium size bowl, combine the dry ingredients (flour through pumpkin pie spice) and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the eggs, sugars, pumpkin and vanilla extract for 1 minute.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients until combined followed by folding in the chocolate chips.
- Spray a 9 x 5 loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and add the pumpkin batter. Sprinkle the chopped pecans on top if desired.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Keywords: FODMAP dessert, FODMAP bread recipes, low FODMAP diet bread, low FODMAP diet pumpkin