The best part about summer is that they can easily be adapted to safely become a FODMAP side dish / low fodmap snacks. This is one of those recipes that I love to make as it’s cold and refreshing on a hot day.
Coleslaw is one of those controversial summer foods that people can be highly opinionated about: mayonnaise-based or vinegar based coleslaw. I am 100% all about the vinegar based coleslaw. I think of it this way: potato salad can be creamy but coleslaw needs to have that acidity. Where do you stand on the coleslaw controversy!?
PS Check out the easiest and most delicious grilled corn on the cob recipe to make this summer.Print
A winning coleslaw recipe that will be a hit at your next BBQ!
- 1 8 oz. package of coleslaw
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp celery seed
- 1 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- In a small bowl whisk vinegar, olive oil, sugar, celery seeds and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together the coleslaw, seeds, and parsley.
- Pour the dressing over the slaw and combine. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Keywords: fodmap side dish, fodmap safe coleslaw