All Fodmap Recipes/ Featured/ Fodmap Desserts

Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups

FODMAP desserts - Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups FODMAP SAFE

There are very few combinations better than chocolate and peanut butter in my opinion.  I’m always trying to find ways to satisfy my ever growing sweet tooth but still making sure it passes as FODMAP desserts.  No one has a time for stomach issues.   For whatever reason, I have never been a fan of Reese’s peanut butter cups the milk chocolate is too sweet and it hurts my stomach.  I wanted to make my own version that was healthier and more satisfying with this recipe.

Reeses PB Cups Wrapper Small

Reeses PB Cups Wrapper Small

I started paying attention to the types of peanut butters available on the market and you can see the discrepancy in prices from $1.99 to $15.99 based on the process and ingredients used.  According to the National Peanut Butter Board (yes, this is a thing), for peanut butter to be labeled peanut butter and not peanut butter spread, it has to be comprised of at least 90% peanuts.  The other 10% of ingredients can only be salt, sweeteners and hydrogenated vegetable oils.

Melted Chocolate

Chocolate Layer

Peanut Butter & Coconut Oil

Print
clock clock iconcutlery cutlery iconflag flag iconfolder folder iconinstagram instagram iconpinterest pinterest iconfacebook facebook iconprint print iconsquares squares iconheart heart iconheart solid heart solid icon
FODMAP desserts - Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups FODMAP SAFE

Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups

  • Author: Fit Fab FODMAP
  • Prep Time: 10 minutes
  • Cook Time: 1 hour
  • Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
  • Yield: 8 servings 1x
  • Category: desserts
  • Cuisine: american

Description

What’s better than a combination of chocolate and peanut butter?


Ingredients

Scale
  • 1 cup dark chocolate chips (you may have extra but you can figure out what to do with it..ha!)
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter (seed butter will work too!)
  • 1/4 tsp coconut oil
  • Sprinkle of sea salt (optional)

Instructions

  1. In a microwave safe bowl, melt 1/2 cup chocolate in 30 second intervals.  Making sure to stir in between until the chocolate is fully melted.
  2. Add a tablespoon of melted chocolate into a mini parchment lined cupcake pan. Refrigerate until the chocolate bottom layer has hardened.  This will take about 15-20 minutes.
  3. As the chocolate is hardening, melt the peanut butter and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl for 20 seconds.  Stir and set aside.
  4. Once the chocolate has hardened, remove the pan from the refrigerator and add 1/2 tablespoon of peanut butter as the middle layer.  Once again, put the pan in the refrigerator to harden.  This will take the longest to harden, I like to give it 30-45 minutes at least.
  5. Right before adding the final chocolate layer, microwave the remaining 1/2 cup in 30 second intervals in the microwave until fully melted.
  6. Remove the pan from the refrigerator and add the third and final layer of chocolate.  Add the optional sprinkle of sea salt and refrigerate until hardened.

Notes

These are best stored in the refrigerator as they can melt quickly!

Keywords: fodmap desserts; chocolate; fodmap diet; low fodmap

Recipe Card powered byTasty Recipes

You Might Also Like