I thought I was short on time to meal prep before I had a baby but now the window is even shorter. Eating a healthy and fulfilling breakfast that I can grab during the week and weekends is so important. I need the sustenance to be able to keep up with my little man! More importantly, when I have the time to meal prep, my entire week seems to be just a little bit easier. These vegetable egg muffins are SO easy to make and I love that they are also freezer friendly. I make a double batch of these to keep in the refrigerator and freezer. Not only is this a great low FODMAP breakfast but it’s also a super easy baby-led weaning recipe. My baby LOVES these egg muffins so much that he starts kicking his legs with excitement! Can you get a better recommendation than that?
Also, is it just me who has been under a rock when it comes to silicon muffin liners?! I am OBSESSED with them! The first time I made this recipe, I used traditional paper liners and the silicon liners. The paper ones stuck to the eggs and were messier to work with. The silicon liners came out perfectly and with zero egg waste. I also love how the liners are washable and reusable again and again. So many multi-purpose ways to use these in the future like for snack cups, art projects, etc.
What are your favorite meal prepping breakfast ideas? I’m always looking for new ideas especially if it’s a recipe that can be made in advance. In case you’re looking for more FODMAP breakfast ideas check out a few of my favorites: breakfast tacos and blueberry baked oatmeal.Print
These super easy vegetable egg muffins are not only great for adults but also baby lead weaning! Double the batch and keep some in your freezer!
- one dozen large eggs
- 1/4 cup FODMAP safe milk
- 1/2 cup FODMAP vegetables of your choice, loosely chopped (I used broccoli and tomatoes)
- dash of paprika (optional)
- 1/4 tsp of salt (omit if for babies)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Using a food processor or blender, add the eggs and milk. Blend for about 30 seconds until incorporated.
- Add the vegetables and blend for an additional 30 seconds until vegetables are smaller in size.
- Fill the lined muffin tins about 3/4 full, making sure not to fill to the top.
- Bake the eggs for 22-25 minutes until the tops are golden brown and the eggs are set.
These can be frozen in freezer safe containers for up to three months.
Keywords: FODMAP breakfast recipes, low FODMAP egg recipes, baby led weaning recipes