I think by now you know that I love chocolate and I love good bread so pairing the two is a no brainer. The best part of discovering new products and in this case flours is learning the origins of where your food comes from. This was the exact case with Claire, an awesome lady who sent me her family’s teff flour and this delicious chocolate loaf recipe. Claire’s family has been in the farming industry for over seven generations and after learning about how teff was grown decided to start growing it on their farm. The teff flour produced at their Michigan farm is unlike any other that I have tried. There are so many health benefits to teff as well. It is a naturally great gluten-free alternative that is high in protein, calcium, and iron. You won’t feel nearly as bad about eating this delicious chocolate bread after you read that.
Looking for more Teff Recipes? Check out these delicious Teff Brownies.
Need an easy to make gluten free bread that is super satisfying? Try this recipe!Print
An addicting chocolate bread made with teff flour.
- 3/4 Cup Butter, room temperature
- 3/4 Cup Raw Sugar
- 3 Eggs, beaten
- 1 Cup Almond Flour
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tbsp + 2 Tsp Sweet Rice Flour
- 3 Tbsps Ground Golden Flaxseed
- 3 Tbsps Brown Rice Flour
- 1/2 Cup + 1 Tbsp Brown Teff Flour
- 1/2 Cup Milk (I prefer Malk Organics Pecan Milk)
- 4 Tbsps Raw Cacao Powder
- 300–400 Grams Dark Chocolate Chocolate, cut into chunks
- Preheat oven to 300 Degrees and grease a large loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- Cream together butter, sugar & eggs.
- Add the ground almonds, baking powder, flaxseed, flours, cacao & milk. Beat until combined.
- Stir in chocolate and pour into loaf pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 15 minutes in order to set.
Keep loaf in the refrigerator.
Recipe adapted by Tenera Grains
Keywords: low fodmap bread recipe, teff bread recipe, fodmap bread recipe