Remember back in the day the Cookie Crisp cereal that all kids were obsessed with? For some crazy reason, my parents actually let us eat that for breakfast. I’m not going to try to compare these cookies to that sugary cereal but hey it has the word cookie in it! I not only eat these cookies for breakfast but also for an afternoon snack for a healthy pick me up during the 2 PM slump. These energy filled cookies will get you through the day plus it’s even better knowing that these are a safe FODMAP diet breakfast choice
I don’t drink coffee or anything with caffeine in it so when I need an extra boost of energy I do it the all-natural way.
Some of my favorite energy-boosting recommendations from are:
Workout Midday (I do this all the time during the week. A quick 50-minute class is all I need for a boost of energy for the rest of the day.
Eat Dark Chocolate
Eat Complex Carbs (like these breakfast cookies)
Walk Away From Your Desk to Refocus
What are your tricks for an extra boost of energy during the day?Print
A nutrient-rich cookie that you can feel good about eating for breakfast!
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix all of the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Put the bowl in the freezer for 15 minutes in order to harden the dough.
- Place tablespoon size balls on a lined baking sheet. Flatten lightly as these will not flatten as they cook.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until lightly browned.
Recipe adapted by Leelacious.
Keywords: breakfast cookies, fodmap breakfast, fodmap breakfast recipes