It can be hard finding a safe FODMAP beverage to drink which is why I almost always stick to boring, plain water. This summer has been insanely hot in Texas and after being in the heat, sometimes I want something more refreshing like lemonade. The problem with ordering lemonade out is the fear of what ingredients are in it and having to deal with future stomach issues. This lemonade not only is made with real lemons but also has fresh ginger which is a perfect accompaniment to lemon.
Ginger has so many amazing benefits:
Treats nausea & promotes proper digestion
Protects against stomach ulcers
Can help with menstrual pains
Regulates blood sugar
Improves brain functionPrint
A refreshing FODMAP beverage that is perfect during the hot summer months!
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 1 cup water + 6 cups water
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- Fresh mint (amount is based on preference)
- Pour 1 cup of water & 1 cup of raw sugar in a small saucepan.
- Set to medium-high and continuously stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add lemon juice and ginger.
- Pour liquid into a large pitcher and add 6 cups of water, ice, and fresh mint.
Keywords: FODMAP beverages, lemonade, fodmap drinks