I’m usually not a fan of baked chicken dishes as I find they can be lacking flavor and color. No lie I made this for dinner recently and my husband goes “this is YOUR recipe, this is really good, like the best chicken you’ve ever made…” I think he was trying to compliment me? LOL So if you don’t trust me, trust him on this one! I love all the flavor that comes from the fresh lemon, green olives and sun dried tomatoes to make this bomb chicken dish. Not only is it a new staple in my FODMAP safe chicken recipes list but it’s also perfect for the high holidays and Rosh Hashanah.
Also, a note on brining: I have NEVER brined chicken until now as I thought it was a pain in the tush but it makes SUCH difference! It really is as easy as soaking the chicken in salted water and letting the magic happen. I hate the word moist but it really makes a huge improvement from boring and dry chicken. If you want to read more about why it works so well, click here.Print
The easiest and most flavorful baked chicken dish to make for a crowd!
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless & boneless, cut in half portions
- salt for brine
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 whole lemon, juiced + lemon slices
- 1/3 cup drained whole green olives, no pits
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes (no oil)
- Soak chicken in a large bowl of cool water with generous amount of salt (don’t worry about the amount, you can be generous) for at least 1 hour and up to 6 hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Rinse salt water off the chicken and set aside.
- Spray an oven safe baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and place chicken down.
- Brush melted butter onto both sides of the chicken breasts.
- Add salt, pepper, oregano, rosemary and lemon juice to both sides of the chicken.
- Add the sliced lemons and olives to the top of the chicken.
- Bake for 15 minutes and add the sun dried tomatoes for the remaining 5 minutes of cooking.
- Bake until chicken is cooked through at 165 degrees.
Keywords: low fodmap chicken recipes, fodmap diet chicken, fodmap dinner recipes