I’m always looking for easy grab and go FODMAP snack recipes that I can make in advance and have all week. These DEFINITELY fit into that category! Even I sometimes need a break from chocolate (it doesn’t happen often) and having more of a citrus snack option is a great flavor profile change.
Did you know this small yellow fruit packs a punch of health benefits?
- Provide a good source of vitamin C but eating fruits and vegetables rich in vitamin C can reduce ones chance of heart disease and stroke.
- Can help control weight loss by helping you feel fuller for longer.
- The citric acid from lemons can help prevent kidney stones.
- Can help protect against anemia by helping your body absorb iron from plant foods.
- Can improve digestive health in the form of soluble fiber which helps slow the digestion of sugars and starches.
These delicious lemon energy balls are a great and healthy snack to grab and go!
- 1 1/2 cups regular or gluten-free oats
- 1/2 cup all natural peanut butter (or seed butter)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 cup lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- In a food processor pulse all of the ingredients until pulverized into a sticky texture.
- Roll small shaped balls with damp hands and place onto a wax paper covered baking sheet. Place in the refrigerator to harden for at least an hour. Store covered for up to a week.
Keywords: energy balls, fodmap recipe balls, fodmap energy ball recipe