I’m actually not a big fan of croutons or so I thought until I made this homemade version adapted by Pioneer Woman’s recipe. These are what low FODMAP croutons should taste like….fresh, buttery and delicious!!!! It was the perfect addition to add to my salads for taste and texture. Plus it’s a great way to use your stale bread instead of throwing it out.Print
You’ll never want to buy store bought croutons again after making this homemade version.
- 6 Cups Stale Sourdough Bread, roughly cubed
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- Generous Seasoning of Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine the bread, olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix well to incorporate all the flavors.
- Spread the bread cubes onto a parchment lined baking sheet, giving them room to breathe.
- Bake the bread until golden brown and crispy, approximately 12-15 minutes.
Store in an air tight container up to a week.
Adapted by The Pioneer Woman
Keywords: fodmap safe croutons, homemade crouton recipe, fodmap crouton recipe