I absolutely love eating soup anytime of the year but especially when the season changes and the temperature drops. It’s still in the 90’s in Houston but it is officially fall according to the calendar. I can at least convince myself that fall is here by making delicious FODMAP safe soup like this one!
It’s survival of the fittest right now at our house with a four month old who is ruling the house. The dinner hour is about getting food on the table as fast as possible while trying to get ready for work the next day and playing with the baby. I’m all about utilizing features to make my life a little bit easier and my crockpot is one of them! If you’re going to use a crockpot I highly recommend this one and also using these crockpot liners which makes cleanup SUPER easy! Not only is this satisfying soup delicious but it’s a great FODMAP safe soup option!
P.S. Any options to make the night routine easier with an infant? I would LOVE to hear!!
This delicious and satisfying soup is a perfect seasonal dish to make this time of year!
- 1 ½ lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp green onion, diced
- 1 red medium bell pepper, diced
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 2 ½ tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 3 tsp ancho chili powder
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 2 cups organic chicken broth (FODMAP safe)
- 1 cup pureed pumpkin
- 1 14-ounce can full-fat coconut milk
- Juice of 1 lime
- Fresh cilantro, avocado and lime wedges for garnish (optional)
- Add the onion, red pepper, zucchini, and spices to the bottom of the slow cooker. Place the chicken on top of the vegetables in a single layer.
- Add the chicken broth and place lid on slow cooker. Set heat to high and cook for 4 hours or until chicken is done and vegetables are tender.
- Remove the cooked chicken from the slow cooker and shred with two forks. Return the shredded chicken to the slow cooker and add the coconut milk, pumpkin puree and lime juice. Stir and cook on low for an additional 15-30 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro, avocado and fresh lime if desired!
Serve with your favorite FODMAP safe tortilla chips!
Keywords: FODMAP safe soup, low FODMAP dinner recipe, IBS diet recipes, FODMAP soap recipes