A summer in Texas can be summed up by one word: HOT! I don’t know about you but these hot summer months is about managing work during the week and on the weekend being outside in a body of water. There is nothing more relaxing than being by the pool or on the beach reading a good book or magazine. What makes it even better is having simple FODMAP desserts available to cool you down. Hence this delicious strawberry sorbet recipe that is not only satisfying but also healthy! Can you believe this dessert is made of only three CLEAN ingredients: strawberries, lemon and maple syrup! A trick I have found is to buy frozen strawberries as they are usually cheaper than fresh and decrease the time needed in an ice cream maker.
Strawberries make for a great low FODMAP fruit option not only because it’s packed with flavor but also for all of the health benefits. Some of my favorite benefits are:
Full of heart-healthy antioxidants
Help with anti-aging & skincare
High in Vitamin C
Helps with digestion and constipationPrint
- 2 Cups Strawberries, hulled & halved
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 1/3 Cup Natural Maple Syrup
- In a blender combine all of the ingredients.
- Pour mixture into an ice cream maker and follow instructions. (I use the Cuisinart ice cream maker and it takes about 25 minutes)
- Transfer hardened sorbet into a freezer safe container and let freeze for at least 2 hours before serving.