I have never been a fan of traditional white Alfredo sauce but it could also be because I only had the pre-made jar version as a kid. When the temperature changes so does my taste buds and I am all about comfort foods. With that being said, I wanted to try to incorporate all of my favorite fall foods (pumpkin anyone!?) and a lightened up take on Alfredo sauce. This quick and easy dinner comes together in under 20 minutes. This is a perfect fall meal to add to your IBS diet plans. The best surprise is how fulfilling this dish is without having dairy in the mix. Until recently I had no idea that was even possible and still be crave worthy.
FODMAP warning: It’s important to note in order to keep this in the FODMAP safe zone stick to 1/4 cup serving of canned pumpkin. If Oligos are not a bother for you, you can increase the portion to 1/2 cup.Print
A creamy pumpkin sauce that is completely dairy-free!
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- While pasta is cooking heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the whole sage leaves and lightly fry for 2-3 minutes or until leaves start to darken.
- Remove from pan and let drain on paper towels.
- Add green onions to pan and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Whisk in the milk and pumpkin and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer for a few minutes. Add water to thin out the sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain pasta and pour immediately into pasta sauce to combine. Top with fried sage leaves.
Recipe adapted by Avocado Pesto
Keywords: fodmap safe pasta recipe, fodmap pasta recipe, vegan pasta sauce