Do you ever just crave a filling sandwich but want to make sure it’s safe on your FODMAP meal plan? That’s me pretty much every day!! Thank goodness for this super easy and delicious sandwich that is filled with healthy vegetables. If you are wanting to add protein to this sandwich, try out grilled salmon, chicken or even deli meat. Now I’m getting hungry with all of these different options! I made this for dinner one night and I wasn’t sure if my husband would be a fan but was shocked by how much he enjoyed it. Sometimes during the work week, we want something lighter that I can whip together in a few minutes…hence this yummy sandwich!
Here are some of my tips for making the perfect baguette sandwich:
- Be cautious buying store bought pesto as most have hidden FODMAP triggers like cheese and garlic. I am obsessed with my super easy to make pesto recipe. I will make a batch and use all week for recipes like pesto turkey burgers and pesto baked salmon.
- I have had the hardest time finding a FODMAP safe baguette until recently. Thank goodness for Schar bread…such a lifesaver and actually tastes good.
- Use fresh, in season vegetables to get the most out of your produce.
A vegetarian sandwich packed with flavor!
- In a medium size bowl add vegetables and drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Heat an indoor or outdoor grill pan on medium-high heat, lay vegetables down. Grill on each side for about 3 minutes.
- While vegetables are grilling, toast baguette.
- Spread pesto on toasted baguette and pile on vegetables.
Serve with your favorite FODMAP safe chips!
Keywords: low FODMAP dinner, low fodmap vegetarian