During the summer time when it is 90 + degrees outside in Texas, I want to spend as little time as possible over a hot stove in the kitchen. With that being said, I also want to make sure what we eat is healthy and also on the lighter side (I mean it’s swimsuit season, people!). That brings me to this delicious FODMAP chicken recipe which consists of only 2 ingredients: salsa and chicken. It can be super challenging finding a FODMAP safe salsa that doesn’t have garlic and onion. You can make your own like I do here with this recipe but if you want to be able to open up a jar, my favorite is the Casa de Sante brand. It has the perfect amount of heat and is also not too sweet. This would be perfect over corn tortillas, rice or a salad (as pictured here). What’s your favorite summer time recipe? I would love to hear!Print
An easy dinner recipe that only takes 2 ingredients! You can’t get any easier!
- 1 jar of FODMAP safe salsa (I prefer Casa de Sante’s salsa)
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- In a crock pot, add an entire jar of salsa and the chicken breasts.
- Cook on high for 5-6 hours or low for 3-4 hours.
- An hour before the desired time, shred the chicken using a fork in the crock pot. Continue cooking if needed or keep on warm if chicken is cooked through.
Keywords: crockpot recipes; fodmap chicken recipes; shredded chicken