It is no secret that I love a good cookie (as you can tell from all my cookie recipes)! One of my most important priorities being on the FODMAP diet has been to still enjoy my favorite FODMAP desserts while still being safe. This challenge has come with some epic fails but with all things you eventually get a WIN! It makes the wins that much sweeter when they turn out as good as this chocolaty cookie!
One of my favorite lunch spots in Houston growing up is an adorable sandwich shop cutely named Picnic. They have a version of these flourless cookies that are SO freaking GOOD! My mom coined them “Mollie Cookies” years ago and would mail them to me while I was away at the University of Arizona. She would always make sure to add a note directing me to share the 20 cookies she sent over with my friends (like I could really eat all those cookies myself!). Aren’t moms so silly!!
What is your favorite type of cookie and have you found a “winning” recipe?! I would love to hear from you! I’m always searching!Print
This naturally gluten-free chocolate cookie recipe is a must staple in a cookie collection.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk powdered sugar, cocoa powder, & salt in a large bowl until incorporated.
- Whisk in the egg whites and whole egg to the mixture. Gently fold in chocolate and cacao nibs until just mixed.
- On a parchment paper lined baking sheet, put a teaspoon amount of dough on baking sheet. Make sure to space these far enough apart as these spread.
- Bake for 7 minutes, rotate and bake for an additional 7 minutes. Cookies are ready when cracked and puffed.
adapted by Bonappetit
Keywords: flourless cookies, chocolate, gluten-free cookie recipes, fodmap recipe