I mean what’s honestly better than some FODMAP friendly desserts that won’t give you a stomachache? Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and I wanted to do an easy dessert combining two of my favorite ingredients: chocolate and banana. I know a lot of people will say that Valentine’s Day is a Hallmark holiday created to just make money. BUT is there anything wrong with reminding the people you love how much you love them?! I think not!
These chocolate covered banana slices make for the perfect treat for yourself or to share with someone else. There are so many fun variations you can use so let your imagination go wild! I get CRAZY chocolate cravings and having these stored in the freezer year round. They also make for a perfect healthy alternative. Are you looking for more fruit covered in chocolate? Check out these super delicious Dark Chocolate Covered Strawberries.
**It is important to note that Monash University recently gave updated guidance regarding banana portion size:
- Ripe (brown spots) banana – stick 1/2 a banana
- Unripe (green) banana – stick to 1 medium size banana
A delicious and healthy dessert to keep handy in the freezer.
- Melt chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl at 30-second intervals. Making sure to stir in between.
- Cover bananas in chocolate and place on parchment lined sheet. Top each banana immediately and continue dipping bananas into chocolate, top, repeat.
- Set in refrigerator to harden completely.
These can be stored in the freezer until ready to enjoy!
Keywords: desserts, FODMAP desserts, FODMAP recipes