Sometimes I want something basic like a delicious and filling burger! There is nothing more satisfying than a hearty burger to sink your teeth into. The problem I run into when I want to order a burger out on the FODMAP diet is the meat is usually already premixed with hidden triggers like bread crumbs, onions, and garlic. Instead of not eating a burger, I make my own which I have to say is usually better than the restaurant version and won’t upset my stomach. Who wants to feel gross after eating? I know I don’t! This FODMAP foods recipe is packed with fresh dill and can either be made on an indoor grill pan or outdoors. If you’re not a fan of dill feel free to substitute with a different herb of your choice! I love dill not only for the smell but for all the health benefits that come with it.
My favorite Dill health benefits are:
Good for Digestive Tract
Helpful with Insomnia
Help with Excess Gas (yes, please)
Boost Immune SystemPrint
A turkey burger packed with fresh herb flavor!
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Dill
- 1 Tablespoon Deli Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Green Onions, chopped
- 1 Egg White
- 1/4 Cup Bread Crumbs (use gluten, garlic and onion free)
- 1 Package Ground Turkey
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large bowl combine all of the ingredients and gently mix.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to help keep the patties form together.
- Heat a grill pan or outdoor grill on medium-high heat. Spray with nonstick spray.
- Cook turkey burgers on each side for 8 minutes or until cooked through.
Serve with your favorite fodmap safe sides like french fries and grilled vegetables.
Keywords: turkey burger, fodmap burger recipe, fodmap dinner recipe