I love how simple and easy this cucumber salad recipe is to make. It’s a dish you can make in advance as the flavors get even better the longer it stays in the refrigerator. Cucumbers are a staple in my low FODMAP foods list.
Did you know just how many health benefits there are to eating cucumbers?! I did some research and some of my favorite benefits are:
- Aids in hydration
- Can help lower blood pressure
- An anti-inflammatory substance called Fisetin is in cucumbers which plays an important roll in brain health
- Protects your skin against the effects of aging (bring on the cucumbers!)
- Fights inflammation and reduces the risk of cancer
- Low-calorie snack & contains fiber in the skin
Now go snack on!Print
A satisfying and light cucumber salad.
- Finely slice cucumbers and set aside in a medium-size bowl.
- Add sesame seeds to cucumbers.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk remaining ingredients and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to marinade.
Recipe inspired by Joyful Healthy Eats