It is no secret that I am thoroughly obsessed with my air fryer. It’s truly the best gadget that I’ve bought in a long time. It makes foolproof EVERYTHING and the most you have to do is depending on the recipe “shake” halfway through the cooking process. My only regret is not buying the bigger version so I could make bigger portions. This air fryer cod is an awesome FODMAP safe fish recipe to make the most PERFECT fish every.single.time. The coating is light, flavorful and doesn’t overpower the fish. I prefer using cod over other white fish as it’s at a moderate price point and super versatile. I tend to avoid tilapia as it’s gotten some bad press over the years but that’s just me. If you’re a fan, this recipe would go well with any white fish!
This FODMAP safe fish recipe comes at the most perfect time of the year as Hanukkah is just around the corner. The short version for why we eat fried foods during Hanukkah is that a jar of oil that was only supposed to last one night lasted for eight whole nights for the Maccabees. This is why you’ll find latkes (potato pancakes) and sufganiyot (jelly doughnuts) typically being served during these eight nights. I wanted to change things up a bit and have my take on a fried recipe that is instead air fried. It is definitely lighter than those traditional dishes which I prefer.
What do you like to make this time of year?Print
A fish recipe you’ll be making over and over again!
- 1 pound cod fillet
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1/2 cup gluten free bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup dry polenta
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp dried chili powder
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees.
- In a shallow dish combine the bread crumbs, paprika, chili powder, black pepper, and salt. Set aside.
- Drizzle the fish with olive oil and lemon juice on both sides.
- Dredge both sides of the fish with the bread crumb mixture.
- Transfer fish to the air fryer basket, making sure not to overcrowd.
- Cook in the air fryer at 390 degrees for 12-15 minutes, making sure to flip halfway through to cook on the other side.
Keywords: FODMAP safe fish recipe; low fodmap diet dinner recipes, FODMAP diet seafood