My favorite way to eat french fries is with a little bit of salt and thinly cut but I try not to eat them too often as they are fried. They are a great FODMAP safe side dish option when you have a limited restaurant menu but with most things, moderation is best. With that being said, there are a few restaurants that I can NEVER pass on ordering french fries because they do them so well like from Houston’s and Barnaby’s. I have been known to order french fries as an appetizer and I don’t feel even a little guilty about it. I usually order a salad as my main dish to balance it out or at least my kind of balance!
Most women have a silly pregnancy craving experience and mine was during my last trimester. Near the end, you just feel full all the time no matter what as the baby is growing and there is little room left. At lunch with a girlfriend, I ordered fresh strawberry lemonade and a bowl of french fries for lunch. It was totally not like me but it was all my body (or baby) wanted and I needed to listen! Instead of trying to force a salad or something I really didn’t want, I did what felt right.
Let’s talk all things air fryer though. The main reason I wanted an air fryer was when I saw how perfectly cooked the french fries looked in advertisements. Yep, I’m a sucker for a good food picture like all of us and the I was not disappointed. Not only is it a much healthier way to eat french fries but it makes it super easy! Every single thing I have made with this gadget has turned out so well and most importantly taken little time and effort. It was perfect timing after having a baby.Print
These french fries are as addicting as the traditional version but without being fried!
- 2 russet potatoes, thinly cut
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Cut the potatoes into thin strips (as thin as you desire or won’t cut your fingers)
- Soak the potatoes in a large bowl of cold water for at least 15 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a large bowl combine the potato slices, olive oil and seasonings.
- Preheat the air fryer per your specific air fryer instructions. Once preheated add the seasoned potatoes and select the french fry selection on the machine. Cook for 28 minutes, shaking once halfway through.
Serve with your favorite FODMAP safe condiment!
Keywords: FODMAP safe side dish, low FODMAP diet side dish recipes, FODMAP potato recipes