The Superbowl is in Houston in just a few weeks and the excitement is in the air! I’m most excited to show off our city to thousands (or more) people who come to town for not only the weekend of the game but for the week of events. I remember when the game was here years ago and we would drive around Houston looking for celebrities. Not much has changed as I’m sure I’ll be doing the same this year. I mean come on guys, Beyonce HAS to come to her hometown for the Superbowl!! Okay but back to the game….and everything food wise that goes along with it. Most Superbowl parties are heavy with dips, chips, chicken wings, pizza, the works. I came up with Superbowl FODMAP Appetizers that I dare say is healthified too! Your friends won’t even notice the hidden veggies and legumes packed into this plate of deliciousness.
The quantities are Fodmap safe but if you do not tolerate avocado or lentils make sure to avoid completely.Print
A game-winning appetizer to make for friends and family!
- Ground Turkey (taco recipe here)
- Blue Corn Tortilla Chips
- 1/2 Cup Can of Lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 Red or Orange Bell Pepper, diced
- 1 Cup Vegan Cheddar Cheese (or Fodmap friendly cheddar cheese if you can tolerate)
- Jalapenos, thinly sliced (optional, the amount is your preference)
- 1/4 Cup Avocado, diced
- 1/2 Cup Tomatoes, diced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- On a large baking sheet lined with aluminum foil, add a layer of corn chips followed by a layer of ground turkey, bell peppers, and lentils. Rinse and repeat another nacho layer.
- Lastly, add cheese to the top and bake for 15-18 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and top with jalapenos, tomatoes, cilantro, and avocado.
Keywords: fodmap safe nachos, fodmap safe appetizers, fodmap dinner