Vermicelli salads are one of my favorite meals to order at a Vietnamese restaurant as it’s a great also a great FODMAP safe option due to the simplicity of all the ingredients. As long as your protein is garlic and onion free, you should be good to go! I wanted to recreate my own version to have under fodmap dinner recipes.
I recently had an epiphany that I could make these simple and clean salads myself as I already had all the ingredients in my kitchen. It’s a great weeknight dinner as it takes no time at all since the majority of the ingredients are raw.Print
A salad that is anything but boring!!!
- 14 Large Peeled and Deveined Shrimp
- 1 Cup Light Coconut Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Ginger, minced
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 1.5 Tbsp Tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup carrots, julienned
- 1 cup lettuce, chopped
- 2 cups rice vermicelli noodles
- cilantro, optional
- In a medium-size bowl, combine coconut milk through salt. Add shrimp and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- During that time, pour boiled water over the rice noodles in a large baking dish and let noodles soak for about 5-10 minutes or until tender. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large skillet heat pan to medium-high heat and add shrimp. Cook 4 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Assemble rice noodles, lettuce, cucumbers, carrots, cilantro, and shrimp.
Keywords: fodmap safe salads, vermicelli salads, fodmap safe recipes