I am thoroughly obsessed with gnocchi – when done right it can be light and pillow-y like texture. When we were in Italy we ate our way through some of the best homemade gnocchi that I’ve ever had. My husband was shocked by how much pizza and gnocchi I could eat. To be honest, I was shocked too! For whatever reason, I have struggled with making homemade gnocchi. I did it one time perfectly and ever since I have been unable to recreate it. I would love to hear tips from you if you’ve been able to make it from scratch. Let’s get back to this delicious recipe, I love everything about this comfort dish! It has everything that I love all in one meal: pasta, sauce, ground turkey, cheese, and fresh basil. Plus it makes for great leftovers! Trust me when I tell you that You will for sure want to add this to your low FODMAP dinner recipe list!Print
A dish of comfort that you won’t believe is dairy-free!
- 1 Package of Gnocchi
- 1 Cup Tomato Sauce (garlic and onion free)
- 1/2 Cup FODMAP safe Cheese (I used Kite Hill Almond Milk Ricotta)
- 3/4 Cup Cooked Ground Turkey
- Fresh Basil, Garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Boil gnocchi according to package instructions.
- Drain pasta and pour gnocchi back into the saucepan.
- Pour tomato sauce into the saucepan and gently stir.
- In a small oven-safe casserole dish, pour gnocchi and sauce mixture.
- Crumble ricotta and ground turkey on top.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes, until cheese, begins to melt.
- Carefully mix the ricotta, turkey, and gnocchi altogether.
- Garnish with basil.
Keywords: FODMAP dinner recipe, FODMAP pasta recipe, FODMAP pasta