Breakfast is one of my favorite and most looked forward to meals of the day. I can eat typical breakfast dishes for lunch and dinner with no problem especially if it involves something sweet. Sometimes all I want after a long day at work is scrambled eggs and toast made by my husband. I don’t know what it is but having someone else make you something as simple as eggs and toast tastes so much better than if you were to do it yourself. I’m always looking to mix it up when it comes to FODMAP breakfast recipes especially during the weekend when I have more time in the kitchen. Not only is this breakfast quesadilla super easy to throw together but you can really add whatever you have in the fridge. It’s filling enough to get you through the morning without weighing you down. Plus, this would be an excellent FODMAP breakfast recipe to make for Father’s Day to bring the special man in your life breakfast in bed. If your husband is a salsa lover like mine, check out this homemade version or these two FODMAP friendly options from Casa de Sante and Fody Foods.
I don’t understand how some people can skip over breakfast and go straight to lunch without a problem. By the time it’s the lunch hour, I’ve had breakfast and at least one other snack! I wanted to learn the health benefits and reasons for breakfast being so important so what did I do? I headed straight to WebMD for the answer!
Some of my favorite explained benefits to eating breakfast are:
- Kick-starts the metabolism and helps you burn calories throughout the day
- Provides you with energy and focus
- Linked to lower chance of getting diabetes, heart disease, becoming overweight and having bad LDL cholesterol
A super filling and delicious breakfast recipe that will for sure be a hit!
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 FODMAP safe flour tortillas or corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup FODMAP safe cheese like cheddar or a dairy-free alternative
- Breakfast Sausage, cooked & cut into 1/2 inch pieces (make sure garlic and onion free)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Spray a medium size pan with nonstick cooking spray and add the whisked eggs on medium-low heat. Cook the eggs scrambled style until fully cooked. Remove the eggs from the pan and set aside.
- Add one tortilla to the pan and add the scrambled eggs, cheese, breakfast sausage, salt & pepper. Place the second tortilla on top. Press the quesadilla down with a spatula. Cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side until lightly golden brown and cheese has melted.
- Remove and serve hot!
Feel free to add potatoes, spinach, tomatoes, etc to yours!
Keywords: FODMAP breakfast, FODMAP egg recipes, FODMAP breakfast recipes, low fodmap breakfast