If you’re from Texas or ever visited this great state, you would know about the breakfast taco craze. People are super passionate about where the best tacos are from and you better believe there are many different answers. Check out the “best of” list from the Houston Chronicle and let me know how accurate you think the list is. You really can’t go wrong with any of these options. For me, ordering breakfast tacos out can be super limited and usually consists of a corn tortilla with potato and egg. I prefer to make them at home so I can also enjoy have my own garlic and onion free salsa. Breakfast tacos almost don’t seem like a recipe but you can find even more of my favorite FODMAP breakfast recipes here. What’s your favorite thing to order for breakfast on the weekend?
If you’re looking for store bought FODMAP safe salsa options to pair these tacos with, check out my two favorites: here or here. It can almost be next to impossible to find a garlic and onion free salsa so these are a huge win in my book. You can also make a delicious and easy salsa from scratch using this recipe!Print
These easy to make breakfast tacos are a filling and satisfying breakfast or brunch to make at a home.
- Using a medium size cooking pan on medium heat, quickly heat both sides of the tortilla for about 1 minute. After heating all of the tacos, remove and set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, crack the eggs and whisk the eggs well. The better the whisk the better the scramble.
- Using the same cooking pan as you used to heat the corn tortillas, spray with nonstick cooking spray on medium-low.
- Add the eggs and using a heat safe utensil, continuously scramble the eggs until fluffy and cooked through. Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Take your corn tortillas and fill with eggs and any of your favorite fillings.
Keywords: breakfast tacos, eggs, fodmap breakfast recipes, gluten-free breakfast