I have never met a pasta that I didn’t like and it’s one of my favorite meals to make at home as it’s easy to whip up a quick garlic free pasta sauce and have on the table for dinner in under thirty minutes. Plus, it’s super easy to have FODMAP vegetarian dinners to go with Meatless Monday or you can easily add proteins like shrimp and chicken.
I rarely order pasta out in the United States but when we are in Italy, (it sounds like I’ve been a billion times, I wish!) I eat my heart out of pasta. The difference I found is the gluten-free pasta in Italy is homemade and without all the preservatives like here. You get fresh and delicious pasta that is just so fresh and delicious. The portions are also the perfect size and don’t leave you feeling heavy and bloated. If you want to read about some of my favorite restaurants in Italy check out my posts for Amalfi Coast, Lake Como and Florence!Print
A super easy FODMAP vegetarian pasta recipe to put on the table in under 30 minutes.
- Set a pot of boiling water to boil on high heat.
- In a large pan, drizzle olive oil on medium heat and add diced vegetables. Season with salt and pepper.
- Occasionally stir vegetables until tender and soft, approximately 8-10 minutes. Set aside when done.
- Add a generous portion of salt to the pot of boiling water and add pasta. Cook according to instructions.
- Drain pasta from pot and incorporate in a large bowl with the cooked vegetables and a drizzle of salt and olive oil if necessary.
Feel free to add FODMAP safe cheese to top the pasta off if desired!
Keywords: FODMAP vegetarian dinner, fodmap pasta recipes, fodmap diet dinner recipes, gluten-free pasta recipes