It is crazy how easy it is to make your own homemade breadcrumbs. I NEVER can finish an entire loaf of bread before it goes stale and I always feel so guilty throwing it away. This is a perfect solution and a cost saver! This easy to make breadcrumb recipe will easily be on your FODMAP food list.
Homemade breadcrumbs are so easy, you’ll never buy storebought again.
- 6 Slices of Stale FODMAP Safe Bread of your choice (I used Sourdough)
- Italian Seasoning (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees.
- Lay bread slices on a baking sheet and bake on each side for 15 minutes or until bread is crisp enough to snap in half when you break it.
- In a food processor place bread and process until it breaks down into a fine texture.
- Pour breadcrumbs into a large bowl and add a teaspoon of Italian seasoning if desired.
- Store in a freezer safe container for up to 6 months.
Keywords: breadcrumb recipe, low fodmap breadcrumb recipe