I love a good crab cake especially during the summer months as makes for a perfectly light appetizer or even main dish. Unfortunately, when ordered out at a restaurant they are usually heavily fried and pre-mixed with breadcrumbs, garlic, and onion. This lightened up version is delicious and no one would bat an eye that it was gluten-free. These are also a crowd pleaser and are super easy to make for a crowd plus fits right in with your IBS diet plan.Print
A crab cake recipe that is not only gluten-free but also free of garlic and onion!
- 2.5 Tablespoons Gluten Free Bread Crumbs
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Green Onions, diced
- 1 Tablespoon Mayonnaise (I used vegan)
- 1 Teaspoon Grated Lemon Rind + more for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt & Pepper
- 1 Large Egg, lightly beaten
- 8 Ounce Lump Crab meat, drained
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- In a medium size bowl gently combine all of the ingredients except the butter and olive oil. Chill for at least 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Divide crab mixture into 4 even portions and shape into patties.
- Melt the butter on medium heat on a large skillet. Add oil and coat the pan.
- Gently add the patties and cook 4 minutes on each side or until the crab cakes are golden brown.
- Place on paper towels for a minute to drain any excess oil.
Keywords: crab cake recipe, fodmap crab cakes, fodmap seafood recipe