By now you know that I am a HUGE chocolate lover. I combined both chocolate and strawberries to get this epic FODMAP muffin recipe. I made these recently when we had family in town and I was happily bemused that my muffins were eaten over all the other non-FODMAP safe desserts. If that doesn’t show you how good a dessert is, I don’t know what does! These are the perfect treat to make with Valentine’s Day around the corner either for your family, friends or just YOU!
These muffins bring up a bittersweet story for me. Starting in middle school, I began experiencing severe anxiety that led to many stressful mornings for both my parents and I. Looking back, I had no idea it was anxiety but it was the transition from 5th grade to a new school that triggered it. One of the positives of those tough mornings was a breakfast tradition with my Dad almost every single morning before school at Einstein Bagels. My Dad would let me get a double chocolate chip muffin heated up for 30 seconds every single time. This was the opposite of a healthy breakfast but I was a string bean and I think my Dad was trying to fatten me up (and bring a smile to my face). My take on these super delicious FODMAP muffin recipe is a much healthier version of what I would order at Einsteins.
I can give up garlic, onion, dairy no problem but if you try to take my dark chocolate away there will be a fight! With that being said, check out a few more of my favorite chocolate recipes: flourless chocolate cake and dark chocolate peanut butter cups. Who says you can only make one?!Print
The most deliciously moist muffin recipe that is also FODMAP safe!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl, add the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, cream the butter and sugar until incorporated. Add in the eggs, vanilla extract and milk.
- Slowly pour in the dry ingredients until mixed together on low speed. Add the cocoa powder until combined.
- Using a spatula, mix in the strawberries and chocolate chips until blended into the muffin batter.
- Pour the batter into muffin cups until a little less than 3/4 full.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
Keywords: FODMAP muffin recipe, low FODMAP diet muffins, FODMAP chocolate recipes