Is it just me or is everything better in a muffin tin? I bake almost all of my loaves of bread in these not just for the cute factor but it is also perfectly portioned out. I don’t have to deal with cutting and slicing every time I want some. These spiced muffins are a great addition to your FODMAP diet breakfast recipes or an easy low FODMAP snack.
The hardest aspect of being restricted by certain high-FODMAP foods is being able to find easy to grab snacks or breakfast items. I love having muffins on hand to grab and go and throw in my bag. It’s the perfect low FODMAP snack or quick FODMAP safe breakfast to take on the road with me. These muffins would be perfect any time of the day as they are not too sweet.
Looking for more low FODMAP snack ideas? Check out Gluten Free Zucchini Banana Bread MuffinsPrint
These muffins are packed with spice!
- 2/3 Cup Mashed Butternut Squash*
- Zest of 1 Orange
- 3 Eggs
- 4 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, mix all of the dry ingredients except the currants and set aside.
- In a large size mixing bowl, mix all of the wet ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and gently mix. Fold in the currants.
- In a muffin lined baking sheet, fill almost to the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
*Roast squash in oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, until soft. Blend in a food processor or blender. Let cool.
Recipe Adapted by Sprouted Routes
Keywords: fodmap muffin recipes, fodmap breakfast recipes, fodmap muffins