There is nothing more comforting than a good ‘ole baked potato. My favorite thing to order on a BBQ restaurant menu is a stuffed baked potato. Twice baked potatoes have the same idea as stuffed baked potato but the presentation is better to make for a large crowd. Not only do the present beautifully but they are cost-effective and take very little effort! There are so many variations when it comes to twice baked potatoes you can make so let your imagination run wild! I’m pretty basic with mine but you can add different proteins and FODMAP safe vegetables. You can also feel good knowing potatoes are safe to put on your IBS diet plan. Potatoes have always been a stomach soother for me when I’m having an “off” day. What are your some of your stomach soothers?
Am I the only one that thinks potatoes get a bad rap? People tend to avoid these staple vegetables as potatoes are carbohydrates but they have a ton of health benefits.
Here are a few of my favorite potato health benefits
Reduce Cholesterol Levels
Boost Heart Health
Reduce Signs of AgingPrint
What’s better than twice baked potatoes? Eating them twice?!
- 2 Russet Potatoes
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1/2 Cup Fodmap Safe Milk, I prefer MALK Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Salt & Pepper
- Optional: Paprika, Green Onions, Diced Vegetables
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Scrub down & pierce potatoes with a fork. Microwave potatoes for 4 minutes on each side, until cooked through.
- Once cool enough to touch, cut potatoes in half and gently scoop the potato filling out into a bowl.
- In a large bowl, mash the potatoes, butter, milk, salt & pepper well. Combine any desired optional ingredients at this point.
- Stuff the filling into the scooped potato shells and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes and serve hot.
Keywords: twice baked potato recipe, fodmap safe potato recipe, fodmap potato recipe