What’s better than ice cream? I’ll tell you what is, ice cream pie!!! This super simple ice cream pie recipe looks much more complicated than it actually is to make. Everyone will LOVE this dessert and won’t think twice that it’s one of your new go-to FODMAP desserts. It’s all about using the best quality ingredients especially when it comes to choosing your ice cream brands. A huge lesson when starting out on the FODMAP diet is being on the lookout for hidden FODMAP triggers. Just because in this case ice cream is lactose-free or dairy-free does NOT mean it’s FODMAP safe. I have found that most brands use sweeteners and gums in the ingredients that are high FODMAP. Hence the gas and bloating that can come from consuming these ingredients.
Luckily there are low FODMAP ice cream brands like Beckon Ice Cream that you can eat with confidence. The first time I tried Beckon Ice Cream I immediately fell in love with the flavors and texture of the ice cream. I absolutely love that this woman-owned business not only carries ice cream that is FODMAP friendly but also doesn’t use artificial stabilizers like gums or corn syrup. I was wary about ordering ice cream and having it delivered all the way to Texas but it came in dry ice and was perfectly packaged. I was pleasantly surprised to find the pints of ice cream still frozen beautifully! Use your favorite flavor when making this super easy ice cream pie!!
This super easy FODMAP desserts recipe can be made in under 30 minutes and makes for great leftovers!
- 1 3/4 cup FODMAP safe chocolate cookies
- 8 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 1/2 pints of FODMAP safe ice cream (I LOVE Beckon ice cream)
- Using a food processor, add the chocolate cookies and pulse until fully crumbled.
- Remove the crumbles and place in a medium-sized bowl. Add the butter, sugar, and salt and gently combine.
- Press the cookie crumble mixture into a standard size pie pan and let the crust completely cool. At this time, take out the pint of ice cream to thaw for a few minutes.
- Once the ice cream is thawed enough to easily spoon out, gently spread over the pie crust.
- Set in freezer to harden and ready to serve.
Keywords: ice cream pie, FODMAP desserts, low FODMAP diet recipes, ice cream recipes