Banana bread is one of my all time favorite treats! The traditional version is typically made with butter, white flour, white sugar, dairy, the works. Don’t get me wrong, it’s delicious but I want to be able to eat this every day so I adapted a recipe that was less “bad” and more “good.” Plus I’m always looking for grab and go FODMAP breakfast recipe that I can eat during the week!
Trust me these muffins are SOOO stinking good & I promise you won’t miss the original version. The key is to wait until the bananas are super ripe in order to create the more sweet and moist muffins without needing to add extra sugar. I know it’s gross to watch the bananas turn black but it’s so worth it to leave them on the counter.
I eat these almost every day for breakfast, snack, or dessert. My husband has been known to devour 3-4 muffins in one sitting. I get possessive as he can eat anything and I don’t have that luxury so I put a limit on him. Please tell me I’m not the only person who is territorial about their food?!? :/
It’ll also make you feel good to know that there are a TON of benefits from consuming bananas so dig in:
Rich in fiber, potassium
Moderate blood sugar levels
Improve digestive health
Help with weight loss
Contain powerful antioxidants
These muffins also keep well in the fridge for at least a week & will last much longer than if you keep them at room temperature. You can also freeze these and take them out when the craving hits (I mean for me, that’s every day!)
I hope you enjoy these gluten free, dairy free BUT delicious banana bread muffins as much as I do. I know they will be a hit with your friends and family but don’t worry, you don’t have to share. 😉 Enjoy!
These recipes are famous in my house and will for sure be a hit in yours!
- Preheat the oven to 325 F. Line muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Combine dry ingredients: ground oats, baking soda, sea salt, cinnamon, and chia seeds. Mix well.
- Melt coconut oil and add sugars into a separate bowl. Mix in eggs, mashed bananas, and vanilla extract.
- Combine dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix well.
- Add chopped nuts and blueberries.
- Pour batter 3/4 full into each muffin slot.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes; until toothpick comes out clean.
Keywords: muffin recipe, fodmap muffins, fodmap muffin recipe