These crunchy fish tacos you will be making again and again.
- 2 Pounds Cod Fillets, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1/2 Cup Corn Meal
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 4 Tablespoons Avocado Oil for frying
- Corn Tortillas (check out my post for homemade corn tortillas)
For the fish:
- In a medium sized bowl combine the cornmeal, chili powder and sea salt. Set aside.
- Heat large skillet on medium high heat with 2 tablespoons of avocado oil, adding more oil when needed.
- Coat both sides of the fish with the cornmeal mixture.
- Add fish to the pan, making sure not to overcrowd. Cook on each side for about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove fish from the skillet and set on a paper towel lined baking sheet to drain the excess oils.
- This will take a few batches until all the fish is cooked. Repeat process until all the fish is cooked.
Optional for Garnish: Lime Wedges, Jalapenos, Green Onion, Avocado, Cilantro
Recipe adapted by Brooklyn Supper
Keywords: fish tacos, fodmap safe fish taco recipe, fodmap fish recipe