I used to eat boiled shrimp as a little kid all the time with the traditional red cocktail sauce. I don’t know what changed but all of a sudden I refused to eat shrimp. Side note, I had the same experience with tuna fish. I think it had to do with the smell of both but who really knows. I recently rediscovered my love for shrimp which has been a huge help eating out. Shrimp is typically a safe protein to order out as restaurants can make it easily without garlic and onion. After years of not eating shrimp, I decided the best way to try it again would be in Cabo San Lucas where the tacos are on point! I could not believe how delicious it was and I knew I could recreate my own version of these tacos. It’s all about keeping it simple and letting the actual shrimp shine. These grilled shrimp tacos make for the BEST FODMAP recipes dinner line up. These shrimp tacos go perfectly well with my homemade salsa recipe and cilantro lime rice recipe.
What’s your favorite way to eat shrimp? I would love to hear from you!Print
A quick and easy taco dinner recipe to make for a crowd or just for yourself!
- In a large bowl gently toss shrimp, olive oil, lime juice and salt and pepper.
- Using an indoor or outdoor grill, spray non stick cooking spray onto a grill pan on medium-high heat.
- Cook shrimp for 4 minutes and flip to the other side for an additional 3 minutes or until cooked through.
- Heat tacos according to package directions.
- Fill with your favorite taco fillings like shredded lettuce and tomatoes.